Ginseng Oolong (other names: Ren Shen Wu Long, Lady Orchid) tea is an invigorating blend of oolong tea and ginseng. Oolong tea is known for their orchid-like aroma and lingering sweet aftertaste. It’s rich in antioxidants, loaded with vitamins E and C, and has many health benefits, including alleviate or prevent indigestion. They’re also effective in alleviating or preventing indigestion, lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
Ginseng has long been renowned as a medicinal herb. It’s frequently used for enhancing physical and mental endurance, strengthening resistance to stress and fatigue, boosting the immune system and revitalizing cell activity. A lot of research has also focused on the properties of ginseng which seem to aid in preventing heat disease, because it helps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Ginseng may also stop the growth of some cancerous tumors.
Therefore, Ginseng Oolong tea combines the medicinal benefits of both. It can help to warm stomach, aid digestion and prevent cancer. This blend of ginseng oolong has a light aroma and a pleasant sweet flavor with just a slight undertone of bitterness. There’s a lingering combination of sweet/tartness in the aftertaste. Most of people think it’s an enjoyable, “easy to drink” tea! It is great to have as a hot or cold drink in the morning or afternoon to boost your energy.
There are different types of Ginseng. Let’s take a look at some of them:
– Indian Ginseng, also known as Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) – Found on the Indian Sub-continent.
-Asian Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) – Asian Ginseng is found in China, Japan, and Korea.
-Japanese Ginseng (Panax Japonicum) – Like the name indicatess, Japanese Ginseng grows in Japan.
-Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus Senticosus) – Siberian Ginseng grows in China, Japan, Korea, and Russia. It is not really a Ginseng, has a wood-like rather than fleshy root, and contains chemicals called Eleutherosides, instead of Ginsenosides.
-Southern Ginseng, also known as Jiaogulan (Gynostemma Pentaphyllum) – Southern Ginseng is found in Southern China, Southern Japan, and Southern Korea.
-Prince Ginseng (Pseudostellaria heterophylla) – Prince Ginseng is found mainly in the Southern Chinese provinces of Shaanxi, Shandong, Jilin, Liaoning, Hebei, Henan, and Zhejiang.
-Brazilian Ginseng (Pfaffia Paniculata)– Brazilian Ginseng is found in Brazil. The Brazilians call it Suma Root and ‘Para Todo’ or ‘For All’.
-Peruvian Ginseng, also known as Maca (Epidium Meyenii) – Peruvian Ginseng grows in the Ande Mountains of Peru and Bolivia. It is both eaten as a root vegetable and used for medicinal purposes.
-American Ginseng – American Ginseng grows in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Georgia, Oklahoma, British Columbia, and Ontario.
Health Benefits of Ginseng: While Ginseng has been traditionally considered a ‘cure all’, many modern researchers question the actual efficacy of the root. The studies done on the subject have either not been extensive enough or have produced controversial results. Even so, a great many people swear by Ginseng Tea and consume it on a regular basis. According to these Ginseng supporters, it is beneficial in the following different ways :
* Ginseng helps build up an appetite.
* Ginseng helps with digestion.
* Ginseng aids respiration.
* Ginseng is rejuvenating and works against fatigue.
* Ginseng helps reduce physical and mental stress.
* Ginseng aids the immune system.
* Ginseng works as an aphrodisiac.
* Ginseng helps counter arthritis.
* Ginseng helps counter asthma.
* Ginseng helps counter diabetes.
* Ginseng reduces the risk of cancer.
* Ginseng lessens the effects of Crohn’s Disease.
* Ginseng is effective against Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Syndrome.
* Ginseng helps lower (LDL) bad cholesterol levels.
* Ginseng is effective against headaches.
* Ginseng provides a cure for stomach ulcers.
* Ginseng provides a cure for diarrhea.
* Ginseng is good for blood circulation.
Ginseng Root Benefits
* Ginseng root is used to treat all sorts of disorders like ulcers, stress, anxiety, nausea, vomiting, headache, indigestion, diarrhea, lung problems, arthritis, asthma, Crohn’s disease, tumors, fatigue, diabetes, depression, gum and teeth diseases etc.
* It works great for gastric problems. It works as an emollient and as a stimulant and makes the digestive system to work smoothly and efficiently.
* Ginseng root works as an aphrodisiac and so is used to treat various problems related to sex and fertility. It can regulate and enhance the production of the reproductive hormones.
* Ginseng root can be used to ease labor pains, to regulate menstruation, to improve stamina, energy and appetite.
* Ginseng root improves the resistance of the body to various stress factors like fatigue, nervousness, and trauma.
* It can boost the immune system in such a way that the body can fight infections, especially when it is under stress.
* Ginseng root can improve learning abilities by improving memory.
* Ginseng root can make the heart and the liver function properly and smoothly and can stabilize blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
* Ginseng root when consumed regularly, reduces the risk of cancer.
* This herb also helps the respiratory system to work efficiently.
* Ginseng root helps to improve blood circulation.
* Ginseng root rejuvenates, fortifies, and invigorates the whole body and so it is used as an anti aging ingredient.